London Fashion Week 2017
As much as I would love to write a blog post about how glamorous I was attending the shows in my 4 inches heels with driver waiting for me outside but the truth is I was pretty much a LFW disaster.
I sorta woke up around 11am on 17th and saw a message from a blogger friend of mine asking if I could be at 180 strand at 12. Straight away I replied “no problem!” thinking why she texted me one day earlier as in my head I thought it was 16th Thursday. At 12.30, I got another message asking “where are you?” and then I finally realised that I lived one day behind the schedule!! And after all the mess-ups, I missed the LFW brunch I really wanted to attend in Ivy Soho!! Anyway, enough of story telling. Here I am, sharing you how to attend fashion shows in LFW (similar in PFW), I have never been to NFW and I am going to my first MFW in the weekend so I couldn’t speak for those 2 but I guess it is pretty much the same everywhere. I sure will share with you my experience in Milan soon.
How To Get Into Fashion Shows/ Presentations
1. The proper way, applying shows or presentations tickets as early as possible with info of yourself, your social media accounts details, reasons to attend and etc. from the designers individually or in London, you can register as a blogger at British Fashion Council. You can see the requirements here, it is not the easiest thing to get but if you are interested in moving forward as a fashion blogger or even in fashion industry, you should aim for it.
2. Pull out your strings in fashion industry if you have. This is probably the easiest but also the hardest at the same time. If you have, get it, why not!?
3. At the main show venue (180 Strand this year), there are always few shows and presentations going on there everyday and there is always a queue for people who has invitations or tickets but not on the guest list. Simply go and join the queue. Generally speaking, they will let you in at the end as long as it is not a crazy popular show with superstars at the front row- speaking from my personal experience from Chanel show in Paris. For the shows aren’t showing at the main venue, you probably won’t be able to find out the address unless you have internal info or invitation but you can check the show venues last season to figure out where the shows might be taking place. But of course you won’t be able to know which one is at which place this season but well, at least you can see some shows that is for sure.
4. After London fashion week, there is a Fashion Week Festival used to call Fashion Weekend, you can pay to see the show, it is not cheap but you can enjoy the whole VIP package as people who have fashion show invitations if you want.
5. Thanks to Burberry, now you can see the show pieces right in front of you at the Makers House after Burberry Show each season. This is a great option for you to enjoy the show pieces closely and if you need, you can take hours to appreciate the collection then just few minutes catwalk. Of course it is not same as fashion show experience. But for people who are really into designs than just fancy fashion world, you might learn much more from this.
6. If non of these above work for you, then you can also find shows at digital schedule at London Fashion Week official website. I have never tried the digital schedule but it definitely sounds like an amazing idea.
7. Simply follow the insta stories LIVE from your favourite fashion instagrammers for real live experience. The quality of the Insta Stories LIVE might not be good at all but to be honest with you, that would be much closer to your real experience if you actually attended the shows in person. The beautiful videos online are what’s seen from the videos photographers’ eyes not exactly the guests at the shows.
Voila, 7 different ways for you to get to see the shows, there is no excuse that you don’t see any next season lol.
Below is my 5 minutes ready kinda LFW outfit. Literally took me 5 minutes or less as I told you already at the beginning of the post, I completely forgot I had shows to go to that day!! All simple with just one statement item and comfy is always my priority especially if I have to be out all day long. But of course if your goal is to be photographed by all major press or magazines, you probably need to play in a different way even if the outfit might kill you the end of day!
What I Wore