Are Fashion Influencers Self-Absorbed?

stylebyH2W.com Are Fashion Influencers Self-Absorbed?

I am not sure if I am comfortable to call myself a digital fashion influencer (I am more used of being a designer.) but I am indeed super active on IG. I guess some people might think I am one…  As an active Iger, I have no doubt that at some degrees, I am self-absorbed and I also don’t deny that, more and less, I do enjoy the attention from being one. It will be too hypocritical to deny it all but I hope it is not too much.

Not trying to find excuses for fashion influencers, there are reasons that they keep on showing themselves repeatedly… Sometimes even in the same outfit, at the same location…

I hope you do know that “fashion influencer” is a job once the person reaches the level of being influential. It can be just few followers or millions of them as long as you have the market there. It is commercial in a way the end of day. There are affiliate marketing, sponsored gifts and paid ads involved. No matter how self-absorbed the influencer might be, it is her/his responsibility to show the mood, style, clear shots of sponsored/ad items, locations or services depending on what type of collaboration it is. If it is a non sponsored but affiliated post, the items also have to be shown in a way that is commercial enough but of course with the influencer’s personal style. If you think you can reach the audience well enough by simply hanging the items on the hangers or flatlays all the way, then that is your way of being less self-absorbed. Either way, nothing wrong about them as long as you get the job done.

Even for those who are on the way to become ones or just simply in the interest of sharing personal styles, it is totally understandable to me that presenting the outfits by showing the photos of wearing them is one of the best ways.

Nothing wrong with being confident enough to present styles by ourselves and the real confident people can’t care less how the others see them and don’t need to act in certain way to gain recognition. If some people want to think what we are doing is self-absorbed, we are then… and I am a happy self-absorbed fashion influencer. :))

Rosegold/ Black dial watch I am wearing here is sponsored by Welly Merck. You can see my post about this brand here. Get yours for 20% off with Code H2W at www.wellymerck.com.

Featured / Similar Items

stylebyH2W.com Are Fashion Influencers Self-Absorbed? stylebyH2W.com Are Fashion Influencers Self-Absorbed?stylebyH2W.com Are Fashion Influencers Self-Absorbed? stylebyH2W.com Are Fashion Influencers Self-Absorbed? stylebyH2W.com Are Fashion Influencers Self-Absorbed? stylebyH2W.com Are Fashion Influencers Self-Absorbed? stylebyH2W.com Are Fashion Influencers Self-Absorbed? stylebyH2W.com Are Fashion Influencers Self-Absorbed? stylebyH2W.com Are Fashion Influencers Self-Absorbed?

Rosegold/ Black dial watch is sponsored by Welly Merck.

9 Comments

1. Ray
    June 12, 2017 / 10:18 am

You look great in your outfit. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with being confident.

2. Ray
    June 12, 2017 / 10:20 am

You look really great in your dress and confidence looks really nice on you as well.

3. June 13, 2017 / 12:46 am

Great outfit! I love the boots and one shoulder dress.

I hate the self-absorbed reputation bloggers/influencers have. Yes, I’m guilty of taking and posting tons of photos of myself. I actually don’t even know how many pictures of myself I’ve taken at this point. But I try not to think about just me but the photo as a whole – the outfit, the colours, the location … I just happen to be in it.

4. June 13, 2017 / 10:16 am

I totally agree to you. In the end everyone who posts his/her looks at Ig wants to be one. S what?
    xoxo Reni

5. June 13, 2017 / 10:58 am

I totally agree to you. In the end everyone who posts on Ig wants to be an influencer. So what?
    xoxo Reni

6. June 14, 2017 / 1:26 am

Such a beautiful watch! I love it!

yanrula x

7. June 29, 2017 / 3:54 am

This is a stunning outfit. <3 I always feel slightly uncomfortable everytime I share a photo of myself online, maybe it's just because I'm self-conscious, but personally, I think being "self-absorbed" or not really comes down to personality. How frequent they share photos of themselves online don't usually indicate that an influencer is self-absorbed, it could be just because it's part of their work! But I think being self-absorbed (in a negative connotation) is different from simply being confident, and you can only tell once you meet the influencer in person.

You have a gorgeous blog, and I adore your photos! I'd love if we can follow each other on Bloglovin? Do let me know <3 Have a nice week.

Joanne | Life in Blue Skies

8. July 5, 2017 / 11:17 pm

I honestly don’t think it’s a crime to self-promote. It’s all apart of the business, and in the end of the day your blog is more than self-expression, but a business as well. So I don’t think it’s being self-centered, it’s just you being a business person. And part of that business is your brand, and that comes with photos of yourselves. It’s just part of the game.